Innovative and responsible financial leadership is critical to any successful business. Whether the goal is to grow exponentially or achieve stable profitability, this core function needs to be handled with intelligence, skill, and unwavering commitment. Steve has honed his ability to drive change, improve profitability, and ensure long-term financial health for businesses.
He founded KRM Business Solutions in 2004 to assist Pacific Northwest companies in developing the knowledge, processes, systems, and tools they need for success.
Steve began his professional career with Cargill and moved into leadership roles, including the Senior Financial Officer of Cargill’s Global Energy business. In 1999 he became the Chief Financial Officer of ConAgra Malt, a global leader in the malt industry.
An Augsburg University, Minneapolis, graduate, Steve was awarded a Masters of Business Administration from the University of Chicago. He is active in the community, as Executive Director of the Southwest Washington Executive Manufacturer’s Forum and Tandem Ride Coordinator for the Washington State School for the Blind.
Steve and his wife Pat live in Vancouver, Washington. They have 3 children.
Articles from this Contributor
- CFO Talk: Leading Edge Technology Update for CFOs with Dave Sackett Part III
- CFO Talk: Leading Edge Technology Update for CFOs with Dave Sackett Part II
- CFO Talk: Leading Edge Technology Update for CFOs with Dave Sackett Part I
- CFO Talk - Leading Edge Technology Update for CFOs
- CFO Talk: Data Analytics for Finance Leaders with Prashanth Southekal - Part III
- CFO Talk: Data Analytics for Finance Leaders with Prashanth Southekal - Part II
- CFO Talk: Data Analytics for Finance Leaders with Prashanth Southekal - Part I
- CFO Talk: Data Analytics for Finance Leaders with Prashanth Southekal
- The Four “I ….. You” statements that can change your life.
- Building Our Business
- Change – The Great Elixir for Solving Problems
- What Tools and Resources Does Your Company Provide for Everyday Learning?
- Professional Development for Accounting and Finance Leaders in a Post Covid-19 World
- Accounting and Finance for Non Accounting and Finance Managers
- Why Should M&A and Private Equity Matter to You? More on Breakfast with PitchBook.
- The Association for Financial Professionals Annual Conference in Boston - AFP2019 Soundbites
- “What is the value of our company’s reputation?” – Con’t
- A company behind the CMO’s dream and the CFO as an enabling partner
- You May Not Have a CFO, But Your Company Still has CFO Duties
- CFOs can be a Change Agent to the Supply Chain
- Risk Management for CFOs - Part II of II
- Risk Management for CFOs - Part I of II
- Why CFO.University
- CFO Success Series: Managing Key Resources
- Finance: The Foundation of All Economies
- Why Failure Isn’t About Losing
- CFOs – What Language Do You Teach In?
- How to Make a Difference With the 3 Languages of Finance
- For Chief Financial Officers: A Practical Approach to Using Artificial Intelligence - Part IV
- For Chief Financial Officers: A Practical Approach to Using Artificial Intelligence - Part III
- For Chief Financial Officers: A Practical Approach to Using Artificial Intelligence - Part II
- For Chief Financial Officers: A Practical Approach to Using Artificial Intelligence - Part I
- Human Resource Department Return on Investment Model
- Why Give More than We Take?
- A Great Lesson for CFOs from the Sporting World
- What is the First Step on the Road to CFO Success? And How Do We Take It?
- Welcome to CFO.University
- Are You Missing a Finance Department? You are Not Alone
- Finance: The Foundation of All Economies
- Managing Margin, Risk, Financial Transparency in the Ethanol Industry
- What is the Consultant’s Role When the Project is Complete?
- Want to Be Your Own Boss? Here’s What You Need to Think About
- Tough Times: What an Uncertain Economy Means for You
- The Investment Pitch
- Raw Materials: Are You “Buying Right”?
- Innovating Your CFO Activities
- How A Consultant Can Boost Your Efficiency
- Why CFOs are Hesitant to Hire Consultants
- The Importance of Training and Coaching Your Financial Officers
- In a Volatile Economy, Purchasing Practices Need to Change
- How Do Consultants Charge for Their Services?
- CFO Success Series: Financial Leadership Isn’t Optional
- A Letter to Our Youngest Daughter - The Value of a Cup of Coffee
- Driving Your Strategy Through Data and Planning
- Preparing A Strategic Plan – How Well Do You Know Your Industry?
- Do What You Do Best, and Outsource the Rest
- Putting the Information and the Plan Into Action: Execution Stage
- Boost Your Career By Solving This Problem For Your CEO
- Facing Business Challenges? Recover In 3 Steps!
- Steps to Take Before Hiring a Consultant
- Don’t be Vulnerable - Properly Assess the Risks in Your Business
- Coaching for Senior Finance Leaders: Invest In Yourself and Your Company
- How Technology has Affected Financial Reporting
- What is the Human Capital Net Worth of Your Business?
- Mitigating Risk: Developing Controls that Fit You and Your Business
- The Magic of Metrics: What Gets Measured, Gets Managed