KRM Business Solutions
Innovative and responsible financial leadership is critical to any successful business. Whether the goal is to grow exponentially or achieve stable profitability, this core function needs to be handled with intelligence, skill, and unwavering commitment. Steve has honed his ability to drive change, improve profitability, and ensure long-term financial health for businesses.
He founded KRM Business Solutions in 2004 to assist Pacific Northwest companies in developing the knowledge, processes, systems, and tools they need for success.
Steve began his professional career with Cargill and moved into leadership roles, including the Senior Financial Officer of Cargill’s Global Energy business. In 1999 he became the Chief Financial Officer of ConAgra Malt, a global leader in the malt industry.
An Augsburg University, Minneapolis, graduate, Steve was awarded a Masters of Business Administration from the University of Chicago. He is active in the community, as Executive Director of the Southwest Washington Executive Manufacturer’s Forum and Tandem Ride Coordinator for the Washington State School for the Blind.
Steve and his wife Pat live in Vancouver, Washington. They have 3 children.
Articles from this Contributor
- Why CFO.University
- Finance: The Foundation of All Economies
- Why Failure Isn’t About Losing
- CFOs – What Language Do You Teach In?
- How to Make a Difference With the 3 Languages of Finance
- Human Resource Department Return on Investment Model
- Why Give More than We Take?
- A Great Lesson for CFOs from the Sporting World
- Welcome to CFO.University
- Are You Missing a Finance Department? You are Not Alone
- Finance: The Foundation of All Economies (Video & Podcast)
- Managing Margin, Risk, Financial Transparency in the Ethanol Industry
- What is the Consultant’s Role When the Project is Complete?
- Want to Be Your Own Boss? Here’s What You Need to Think About
- Tough Times: What an Uncertain Economy Means for You
- The Investment Pitch
- Raw Materials: Are You “Buying Right”?
- How A Consultant Can Boost Your Efficiency
- Why CFOs are Hesitant to Hire Consultants
- The Importance of Training and Mentoring Your Financial Officers
- In a Volatile Economy, Purchasing Practices Need to Change
- How Do Consultants Charge for Their Services?
- A Letter to Our Youngest Daughter - The Value of a Cup of Coffee
- Driving Your Strategy Through Data and Planning
- Preparing A Strategic Plan – How Well Do You Know Your Industry?
- Do What You Do Best, and Outsource the Rest
- Putting the Information and the Plan Into Action: Execution Stage
- Boost Your Career By Solving This Problem For Your CEO
- Facing Business Challenges? Recover In 3 Steps!
- Steps to Take When Hiring a Consultant
- Don’t be Vulnerable - Properly Assess the Risks in Your Business
- Senior Financial Mentoring: Invest In Yourself and Your Company
- How Technology has Affected Financial Reporting
- What is the Human Capital Net Worth of Your Business?
- Mitigating Risk: Developing Controls that Fit You and Your Business
- The Magic of Metrics: What Gets Measured, Gets Managed