CFO Talk: Reflections on Leadership with Victor Ojeleye - Part I (15:34)
In 2022 Victor committed himself to “watching film” to hone his leadership skills. In late February he shared some of his learning in 10 Reflections of a Leader. In this CFO Talk, Victor describes each reflection in more detail.
This is Part I of a II part series and includes Victor’s reflections 2-5.
2. Invest the time in individual growth that adds to team success
3. You will miss some interdependencies in complex work - plan for them next time
4. Raise intensity with clarity to drive accountability
5. The team goes as I go: high energy -> high engagement
Part II covers Victor’s reflections 6-10 and the number 1 Reflection of a Leader:
6. Give your team opportunities to rise to the occasion
7. Celebrate the victories, even when you might be focused on what needs to be fixed
8. Be a better listener
9. Know your boundaries and honor them fully
10. Your team needs you to be their champion
1. Lead with your heart
For the full 36 minute CFO Talk Click here.
Ready for Part II? Click here.
Identify your path to CFO success by taking our CFO Readiness Assessmentᵀᴹ.
For the most up to date and relevant accounting, finance, treasury and leadership headlines all in one place subscribe to The Balanced Digest.
Follow us on Linkedin!