Supply Chain Risk Assessment Tool
This Supply Chain Risk Assessment provides an overview of how well your business understands and manages the key risks in your supply chain. Its high level, brief format makes it an excellent tool to use for educational and improvement meetings.
The simple scoring system keeps the team on the same page:
- Very Good: You have a good understanding and control over the risks you face
- Good: You may have a number of key gaps which could impact your reputation or profitability
- Poor: Let’s start a plan to get you sleeping at night.
- Resuscitate: Redo the test. If you score the same, call 911 or your emergency number
And the follow up action recommendations are concise:
1. Review the assessment results with your procurement team to address all “NO” responses.
2. Take the next step based the results indicator on the survey.
- Very Good: Develop and implement a plan to address any “NO” responses.
- Good: Review results at the next Executive Meeting with plans to address each “NO” response.
- Poor or Worse: Review results at the next Executive Meeting and Board Meeting with plans to address each “NO” response.
3. Schedule to take the survey again in 6 months and annually thereafter.
If you are responsible for or deeply involved in your company’s supply chain here are two articles you won’t want to miss: In a Volatile Economy, Purchasing Practices Need to Change and Raw Materials: Are You “Buying Right”?
Let us know how we can improve our tools to better serve you.
If you have any questions or stumble along the way, please reach out to us at CFO.University. You wouldn’t be here if you didn’t believe professional growth was critical to your success. We wouldn’t be here if we couldn’t help you accomplish that.
Not a member-scholar yet? Join our financial community here!
Identify your path to CFO success by taking our CFO Readiness Assessmentᵀᴹ.
For the most up to date and relevant accounting, finance, treasury and leadership headlines all in one place subscribe to The Balanced Digest.